Saturday 6 September 2014

About Me

Hello, I am Shawkat Ali Sawant. I lived in Mumbai since birth and after studying at Mumbai University went to Birmingham, UK where I lived for thirty years. During my stay for over 30 years in UK I worked in retail, Princes Trust Business enterprise agency and later for Department of Trade and Industry funded Business Link Sandwell assisting businesses with investment and expansion. I headed trade delegation of UK businesses to Delhi. Later I have also been involved in exporting metal finishing chemical to India, Pakistan, Spain, Turkey, Russia, South Korea for UK manufacturing company. Also lived few years in Gran Alacant, Alicante, Spain and in Ozdere, Izmir, Turkey.

I enjoy sharing knowledge and over years have worked with various businesses in different sectors.

Reading some interesting forums and blogs, it inspired me to write this blog in area of my interest as history, statistics, economy, commerce, travel etc which I have anchored on Mumbai- city of contrast. Often media only shows slums (Dharavi) of mumbai on travel  shows, whereas I have given both side of story of this amazing city.

Currently I am living in Bandra, Mumbai, India. In past three years on many occasions my contacts in UK have asked me for information on visits for holiday, shopping, medical, purchasing apartment, investments, NGOs, business joint ventures, import/export.

After learning how to create blog I have decided to upload lots of information with many links in Portal style, which hopefully will make it easier to navigate. Each time information was collected on given subject is now in this blog to share with others. This way information will be easily available to some compared to experiences I had as often getting information was not easy. 

Feedback received has encouraged me to keep on adding any new information I come across on my travels to pages on this blog.